DIY IPOD/IPHONE COVER

hello everyone! today ill show you,how to make a preety lined iPod or iPhone case.My phone is always laying around or stuffed in pocket and tends to get really dirt. NOW, ill just slide it in this soft case.It is still light & small & can be stuffed easily in a pocket or left laying around but a little more protected. I wanted to make something different -you know -preetier! ;-).So i tried to give nice finishing at the corners,seams and ends.It wasn't hard and didn't take too long. Well lets get started!

MATERIALS YOU'LL NEED.

  • FABRIC (OUTSIDE)
  • PASTING PAPER (INSIDE)
  • RULER
  • PENCIL OR CHALK
  • INCH TAPE
  • SCISSORS
you'll need.


make a pattern by tracing around your phone or ipod .Angle your pencil to be sure you are tracing right next to the phone.


use a ruler to mark a seam allowance put space for the height of phone .I measured my phone and it's almost  1/2 inch tall so i decided 1/4 inch to each side to allow for seam.It's okay if you have a little extra on the top and bottom.so i added all the way around.
now measure with the help of ruler or inch tape and mark with chalk on the inside part of  your fabric.

now cut the fabric ,cut two of everything from the fabric and interfacing to (2 outside fabric,2 pasting paper )at once.


Place both tab pieces right sides together. Sew around three sides .
trim the corners.





now turn around and iron and iron once..i've sewed it with hand you can use sewing machine (as you wish ).

so here i've used snap button ,or either you can hand sew the velcro yourself .
I added a denim/fabric rosette to the end and hand sewed it on as well—just a little more pretty stuff for my case! You could do ruffles or beads or all kinds of things.
Now it’s pretty from any angle! I love the way it turned out.And, my phone isn’t quite the crumb catcher it used to be-–YAY!

Feel free to leave a comment telling me what you think about this tutorial.
P.S do it yourself 
xoxo 


Comments

  1. lovely case :)

    x
    http://www.worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome and very creative i must say, followed u back girl. :) keep it coming

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute and Interesting!
    New post is up on my blog xx
    http://fashiondrogue.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved how it turned out....very creative :)


    Sorry hun can't see you in my followers list...can you make sure that you followed?
    xoxo
    Ankita
    Makeup, Style and Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved ur creation and its really nice...hey follow me,will follow u back thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw this is such a pretty idea, love the creativity behind it!I appreciate your visit hun, hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! You have wonderful blog!
    What do you think about follow each other?
    If you interested, please let me know.
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you made great thing by yourself

    ReplyDelete
  9. very very creative.. I am loving your blog
    and glad to follow back
    keep in touch :)
    prettymucheverythang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely DIY! Thank you for your comment dear, I would love to follow each other! Follow me and let me know, I will follow you right back <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dear, thanks for your comment on my blog! Your blog is really nice!
    I am following u, hope you will follow me too.
    Many Greetings from Greece!
    http://secretsforfashion.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts