DIY TOTE BAG


There are times whilst I get disturbed by the amount of belongings I've to hold on a daily basis, being a fashion student particularly during stitching classes.
Well this project was on top of my directory but I was looking for really solid fabric that could hold weight of fabrics, accessories, and notebook simultaneously. As soon as if found this old skirt which I don't put on any longer, bonus its black “black is my darling"; fabric is polyester and rich in texture. So without more ado, thought of bracing it into something handy than throwing on a trash.


YOU WILL NEED

  • Skirt
  • Zipper
  • long strip or belt from old bag
  • Sewing Machine 

With the seam opener first remove the belt of skirt.


Next attach zipper at the waist line.


It should look as image above, then turn skirt inside-out and sew the hem of skirt. 

 
I got this belt out of another old bag and did as "cut-paste", you can simply get a cotton webbing from craft store or make a long strap by yourself. 

 
                                                                          VOILA!

 

For additional oomph i painted "MY CHANEL IS AT HOME". 


Comments

  1. thats a cool DIY
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its stylish
    http://www.ootdchannel.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts